GLOBUS 2018: Marian Shrines of Europe - Faith-Based Travel (TM)
11 days from Lisbon to Barcelona
There's no better way to experience Europe's most treasured Catholic shrines than on this inspirational Journey through Spain, Portugal and France. Whether it's standing in the very place where the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to the three shepherd children over 100 years ago in Fatima, immersing yourself in the Healing Baths in Lourdes, or reflecting in Gaudi's magnificent Sagrada Familia, this vacation will inspire and leave you with memories of a lifetime.
Call (770) 785-7304 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748774
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Fatima||Your orientation of the capital of Portugal includes the Baixa quarter's main squares, a drive along the grand Avenida da Liberdade up to Pombal Square, and a stop to take pictures of Belem Tower and the Monument of the Discoverers. Depart for Fatima, and while en-route visit the CHURCH OF THE HOLY MIRACLE in Santarem, site of a famous Eucharistic Miracle. In Fatima, one of the most famous Marian shrines in the world, visit OUR LADY OF FATIMA SHRINE with the tombs of the three visionaries: Lucia, Jacinta, and Fernando; and the CHAPEL OF THE APPARITIONS, where the Virgin Mary appeared to them in 1917. She gave them a message from God promising that the world would be at peace if all men and women obeyed her requests. She also entrusted to them three secrets that Lucia described in her memoires in 1941. This evening, join the Rosary and candlelight procession at the Shrine and attend [M] Mass, held every day. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Fatima||Today, visit the PARISH CHURCH where the visionaries were baptized and then visit their homes in nearby Valinhos. Tonight, you can join the Rosary and candlelight procession sharing some moments of prayer with other faithful pilgrims from all over the world. (B)|
|Day 4||Avila||The majestic scenery of the Serra da Estrela mountain range forms the backdrop of your drive into Spain. Arrive in Avila, where St. Teresa founded the Order of the Discalced Carmelites, going back to the basics of a contemplative order: a simple life of poverty devoted to prayer. Enjoy a guided walk through this walled town and visit the CATHEDRAL, the CONVENT OF ST. TERESA, and the MONASTERY OF THE INCARNATION. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Burgos||Travel to Burgos, the historic capital of Old Castile. Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a visit to the magnificent CATHEDRAL, dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Its overwhelming beauty will inspire some time for appreciation and meditation. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lourdes||Before crossing the French border, visit the BASILICA at the Sanctuary of St. Ignatius de Loyola, founder of the Order of Jesus (Jesuits). Arrive in Lourdes, a powerful place of pilgrimage dedicated to the Holy Virgin, where you will stay for the next three nights with the possibility of joining the candlelight procession, held every evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Lourdes||This morning attend [M] Mass. Your guided walking tour includes visits to the GROTTO, where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette, the OUR LADY OF LOURDES SHRINE, the BIRTHPLACE OF ST. BERNADETTE, and her FAMILY HOME during the time of the apparitions. In the evening of February 11, 1858, a young Roman Catholic girl, Bernadette Soubirous, went to fetch some firewood with her sister and another companion when a Lady who was indescribably beautiful appeared to her at the Massabielle grotto. Although the Lady did not tell Bernadette her name when asked at first, she told her to return to the grotto. On subsequent visits, the Lady revealed herself to be the 'Immaculate Conception.' (B)|
|Day 8||Lourdes||A day at leisure. You have time to experience the powerful healing baths, the 'Blessing of the Sick,' and attend one of the daily Masses. The whole town is permeated by a spiritual atmosphere that leads to prayer. You may also wish to marvel at the natural beauty of the Pyrenees on the optional excursion available. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Barcelona||Leave Lourdes today, re-enter Spain, and head for Barcelona-the capital of Spain's Catalonia region-known for its art and architecture throughout the cosmopolitan city. (B)|
|Day 10||Barcelona||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Catalunia, and Paseo de Gracia. Highlight is a visit to the SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA, Gaudi's masterpiece. Also, enjoy a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits you at the hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Barcelona||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $504Triple room reduction per person: $43
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).